The Computer vision group researches and develops novel methods and algorithms to make cameras to see and understand visual information (2D and 3D images and video).
Our research and application focus on topics such as image and video processing, object detection and tracking, image understanding, and video content analysis, machine learning for computer vision.
- Dr. Nguyen Thi Thuy from Hanoi University of Agriculture. She got Ph.D degree in Graz University of Technology. Her research includes Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
- Dr. Tran Quoc Long from University of Engineering and Technology, VNUH. He got Ph.D degree in Georgia Institute of Technology, United States of America. His research includes Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Dr. Nguyen Do Van is an adjunct lecturer from University of Engineering and Technology. He got Ph.D gree in Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan. His research includes Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Knowledge Discovery from Uncertainty.
- Dr. Nguyen Chi Thanh from Military Institute of Science and Technology. He got Ph.D gree in Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan. His research includes Image Processing and Information System.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Le Thanh Ha from University of Engineering and Technology, VNUH. He got Ph.D degree in Korea University, Korea. His research includes Video Coding and Communication, Image Processing, Computer Vision and Satellite Image Processing.
- Human detection and monitoring in Indoor environment using surveillance cameras – Funded by industrial sector.
- Vehicle plate recognition for surveillance camera system – Funded by industrial sector.
- Video summarization for surveillance cameras – Funded by industrial sector.
- Obstacle detection for UAV – Funded by industrial sector.
- Viet Anh Nguyen, Thanh Ha Le and Thuy Thi Nguyen, “Single Camera Based Fall Detection Using Motion and Human Shape Features,” The 7th International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology (SoICT 2016), Dec. 8-9, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
- Thuy Thi Nguyen, Dinh Viet Sang, Huynh T. T. Binh, A New Approach for Learning Discriminative Dictionary for Pattern Classification. Journal of Information Science and Engineering, ISSN: 1016-2364, 2016 (SCIE).
- Thanh-Tung Nguyen, Joshua Zhexue Huang, Qingyao Wu, Thuy Thi Nguyen, Mark Junjie Li, Genome-wide association data classification and SNPs selection using two-stage quality-based Random Forests. BMC Genomics, 2015 (SCI).
- Nguyen Thanh Tung, Joshua Z. Huang, Thuy Thi Nguyen, Two Level QRF for Bias Correction in Range Prediction, Machine Learning journal, Springer, 2014 (SCI).
- Helmut Grabner, Thuy Thi Nguyen, Barbara Gruber and Horst Bischof, Boosting-based car detection from aerial images, ISPRS International Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Elsevier, Vol. 63/3, 2008, p. 382-396. ISSN: 0924-2716. Best Paper Volume 63 (2008), The U. V. Helava Award.A Demo. (SCI)
- T.D. Cao, K. Yamada, M. Unehara, I Suzuki, Do Van Nguyen, Rough Set in Information Systems with Missing Decision Data, 2016 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, 2016.
- Do Van Nguyen, K. Ogawa, K. Matsumoto, M. Hashimoto: Edit Training Sets from Imbalanced Data Using Fuzzy-Rough Sets, IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Volume 458 Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations, pp 115-129, Springer, 2015.
- Do Van Nguyen, K. Yamada, M. Unehara: Rough Set Approach with Imperfect Data Based on Dempster-Shafer Theory, Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol. 18, No. 3,pp.280-288, Fujiexpress, 2014 (ESCI Journal).
- Do Van Nguyen, K. Yamada, M. Unehara: On Probability of Matching in Probabilistiy Based Rough Set Definitions, IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics 2013, pp. 449-454.
- S.-W. Jung, Thanh Ha Le, and S.-J. Ko, A New Histogram Modification Based Reversible Data Hiding Algorithm Considering the Human Visual System, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 95-98, Feb. 2011. (SCIE Indexed)
- Thanh Ha Le, S.-W. Jung, K,-S, Chue, and S.-J. Ko, Image Segmentation based on a Modified Graph-Cut Algorithm, Electronics Letters, vol. 46, no.16, pp. 1121-1123, Aug. 2010. (SCI Indexed)
Viet Anh Nguyen, Thanh Ha Le and Thuy Thi Nguyen, “Single Camera Based Fall Detection Using Motion and Human Shape Features,” The 7th International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology (SoICT 2016), Dec. 8-9, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.